June 15, 2010

Lovin' It

I'm about to start getting ready for work. Why am I posting now? Because I'm sitting down, that's why. Actually, these past several days have been quite lazy to tell the truth. This summer class schedule is nothing like intersession. I have class at the same time, 8:40 a.m., but instead of leaving school at almost 3 p.m., I out just a bit after 11 a.m. Also, the workload is spread out because of 8 weeks versus 4. That reading a novel every other night sucked, I won't lie.

I've been trying to swim every day for at least the past couple of weeks, barring rain and other circumstances. My body is finally getting used to it, so I'm picking up my workout a bit. I had stopped my treadmill workouts when intersession started, just because I was so worn out with everything, so this is not only a welcome change, but a needed one as well.

I get the kids this coming weekend, and then it'll be another 7 days before our next vacation together. That may be around the 4th of July weekend? I don't have my calendar around, but I think that's right. I plan on taking them camping somewhere so I'm psyched about that. I've been trying to take them hiking on my weekends, and they just love it. We always have a discussion before we set out, predicting what we might see, and what we know from our previous outings. We stop at all markers and maps, and constantly take inventory of what we're doing while we're doing it. Every moment turns into a teaching moment, and they're responding to so much!

Oliver is supposed to be tracking guitar tonight with Scott engineering as usual. Joe is going to be there, and may track some guitar on his song "Beg the Past." I was going to be busy tomorrow night, but now I'm freed up, so maybe I'll get to work on some studio stuff too if Scott is free. Slowly but surely this thing is coming along!

Well, I guess I must post this and get ready. I hate that I have to miss yet another of Rohan's games tonight, but that's just the way it is. My dad is the greatest for covering for me when I'm not able to be there. I also have missed going out with some of my friends on our usual nights, and can't wait until the next time! I'm embracing this summer as truly one of the best in recent memory. Much love, Derek.

No comments: