April 04, 2010

Watching the Fall

I desire to escape
This prison of being
Outside, looking in
Embittered in want
To submit to disdain
And hating my heart
That still remains open
Raped and asunder
A dream just to be
Blissful in ignorance
Unfortunately though
Unwillingly omnipotent
Flows of information
Effortlessly drown my
Every sense like the
Din that roars and
Seeks to break what
I had, such candor
That I am afraid
Won't last long enough to
See me through this
Tortuous observing of
Grossly self-serving
Actions that beleaguer
Who I am, who I was
Who we were, no matter what
That we were meant to be
But now a picture of naught
Faith now destroyed
Trust that is no more
Such kind disemboweling
Perverse dance in the gore
Now I'm forced to watch
The strings that control
The autonomy now gone
A person that is no more
I still mourn for the passing
I still entreat and I hold
But in vain because there's nothing
But void, black and cold

No comments: