February 26, 2011

Of Whom I Dream

I revel
In dreams
For which
I suffer
They supplement
Real life
But a hollow
Replacement for
The warmest
Softest
Deepest
Kiss from
The One
Who molded
My heart
Who hurt me
The most
Who inspired me
All the more
My muse
Of a lifetime
Who has loved me
Longer
Than most have
Been alive
But never again
Shall we ever
Feel the free
Wind that
Blew through
Her window
When we were
Both kids
When we thought
That life was
So simple
When cassettes
Captured promises
And daybeds
Captured lovers
It was golden
Seemed endless
But on the horizon
Crept slowly
The beginning
Of the rest
Of my life
A life that
Would refuse
Every time
Throughout the years
The possibility
That the two
Most deserving
Passionate and
Enduring
Soul mates should
Ever and anon
Be together and then
Scoff at our
Memories
Try to thwart
Simple little things
That bring such
Small joys
Such is the
Spite of life
And as such
I spit in the
Face of it
For I will not
Be robbed of
Happiness
Hopefulness
And love
For I know!
Yes, I know!
I have been told
By those
Beautiful lips
That no matter
Where I go
No matter
What I do
That I am loved
Forever
I am loved
By Her
I am loved
By Her
I am loved
By Her
Of whom
I dream

No comments: